Featured Investments , News & Analysis

Power Metal extends Haneti nickel option until August (POW)

28 May 2020 | by: Patricia Miller

AIM-listed metals explorer Power Metal Resources (LSE:POW) says it has extended its option to take 10% more of the Haneti polymetallic project in central Tanzania.

Power Metal will now have until August to make a final decision.

Katoro Gold (LSE:KAT) acquired Haneti from energy firm Kibo Mining in June 2018. Katoro has a 75% stake in the project while Power Metal has the remaining 25%. POW can improve this stake to 35% with a payment of £35,000 to Katoro.

Haneti is a polymetallic system covering around 5,000km2. It has identified potential for nickel, PGMs, copper, gold, lithium and rare earth elements.

The principal target zone is an 80km long ultramafic belt with grades from surface sampling up to 13.6% nickel and 2.33g/t combined platinum and palladium.

CEO Paul Johnson said: “The Haneti Project is a significant opportunity and it is important to structure ownership in a way that optimises the commercial pathway for the project.”

In an RNS the company noted the nickel sulphide potential at Haneti, adding that that in recent months Katoro had received further approaches by other companies to take an earn-in or joint venture on the project.

Valuethemarkets.com, Digitonic Ltd (and our owners, directors, officers, managers, employees, affiliates, agents and assigns) are not responsible for the content or accuracy of this article. The information included in this article is based solely on information provided by the company or companies mentioned above.

This article does not provide any financial advice and is not a recommendation to deal in any securities or product. Investments may fall in value and an investor may lose some or all of their investment. Past performance is not an indicator of future performance.

  • Digitonic Ltd, the owner of ValueTheMarkets.com, has been paid for the production this piece by the company or companies mentioned above.

More News & Analysis

Air France-KLM reports huge Q2 loss, sees signs of recovery

French-Dutch airline group Air France-KLM said Friday that the “first signs of recovery are visible” in bookings amid easing pandemic travel restrictions as it reported a second-quarter net loss of nearly 1.5 billion euros ($1.8 billion).

Is Disney a good investment?

Disney is one of the biggest and most recognised companies in the world, and their stock has performance has been strong after the release of Disney+, but does Disney’s stock represent good value for the retail investor?

Robinhood makes its debut on Wall Street

Robinhood is to sell its own stock Thursday on Wall Street, the very place the online brokerage has rattled with its stated goal of democratizing finance.